Family

Family

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Andrew is 7!

I know it is so cliche to say "time passes so quickly" or " they grow so fast" but these are so true. It seems like the days may take forever but the years fly by so fast. I remember so well waiting for the arrival of my second son. Walking by his empty blue and white bassinet and giggling. I was so nervous and excited for Alex to meet his little brother. Now he is turning SEVEN! Seven sounds so much older than 5 or 6. Seven is the beginning of "big kid" the end of the little. He is surely this. He is slightly concerned about what other people think, is competitive when it comes to sports...or anything, fights with his sister, doesn't want to shower.... However, he will still sit and cuddle with me, gives kisses in front of his friends, sticks up for himself, lets me pick out his clothes, and helps around the house. The night before his birthday I pulled him aside and told him " tonight is the last night I will kiss you as a 6 year old. When you wake up in the morning you will be 7! I sure did have fun with you this year as a 6 year old and I can't wait to see how much fun we will have while you are 7." He started crying! " I'm going to miss being 6!" What a sweet child. I can't help but imagine what he will be like in 7 more years. sigh. For his birthday he chose breakfast for dinner and wanted a sports party. He really just wanted to play football with all of his friends. We had 23 kids at our house! I was so thankful that the weather was actually nice. They played outside, played games in the basement, ate lunch and of course had cake. He kept hugging me and saying "thanks" so I'm pretty sure he had fun. It was a busy and fun weekend. I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment